Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dad's Getting Married


So I stole this picture off of Kennah's blog. For those of you who talk to me and not to Kennah (Karen) I thought it would be easier if I posted about the wedding as well. My dad is finally getting married again. They have decided to get married Thanksgiving weekend in Utah. I am not looking forward to piling into the car and making the eight hour drive but I am looking forward to meeting all of my new step siblings and step nieces and nephews - our family is going from 4 kids to 9 and from 5 grandkids to 16. WOW - holidays should be interesting. My mom kept things mild when she remarried - only adding 2 more kids to our four - much more our pace =) It's weird getting step siblings and step parents in my thirties - It's not like it would have been had either of them remarried when we were kids - Back then we wanted tons and tons of kids - we thought it would be cool to be like the Brady Bunch - Now it doesn't matter if we like who they marry or their kids - All that matters is that each of my parents are happy. Like I told Marlene (Dad's bride to be) I don't care if she turns out to be a step-monster - I don't have to live with her, all that matters is that Dad's happy. =)

4 comments:

Jill Macknicki said...

Soon your family will be even more complicated than mine:0)

Rebecca said...

I'm so happy for your dad! Only a few more weeks before you embark on that short, pleasant, and happy drive!

Lauren said...

ps, LOVE you blog layout!

AsK said...

You really told Marlene that??!! Sounds like you! Haha! So really, we are going from 6 kids to 11! Crazy! I still can't name them all....I can do 8 for sure, but I haven't met the other three. Guess we'll meet them in 3 weeks! As far as the driving goes...now you'll see what we go through a few times a year. Remember when I got accepted to BYU Idaho and Phil said I should have gone to BYU Provo because then you could come and ski??? Well, the first ski resort opened a couple days ago! Come on by!